Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Teacher Field Trip: Blue Bunny Books, Dedham, Massachusetts

Field trips with students are stressful. Keeping track of kids, their lunches, and chaperones is a lot to handle. But teacher "field trips" in the summer are fun!

I recently headed to Dedham, Massachusetts, to Blue Bunny Bookstore.


I love local bookstores, and was ready to start browsing for books to use with my students next school year. Blue Bunny didn't disappoint in that respect! Though the store is a fairly small space, a well-curated selection fo children's books flowed throughout the space. 

Owned by children's book author Peter H. Reynolds, the shop includes a coffee bar and places to sit in addition to plenty of books. I actually got to meet Peter and have him sign a book while I was there, as he was in the shop with his family at the time. The shop has a local, friendly feel without being overwhelming. It's a great place to browse or search with a broad theme in mind, as the books were organized and easy to access.

There are plenty of events at the Blue Bunny, including author visits and activities for children. I'll be visiting again for sure, and writing about some of the books I bought there in an upcoming post! This would be a great place for kids to explore as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Look at DESE's Cited Sources: Results of a Critical Look at the Initial Reopening Guidance References

Note: I've been doing a lot more work around education safety lately, but moved it away from this blog. I founded Massachusetts Educatio...