Friday, January 18, 2019

Sharing Files with Families with ClassTag

I use ClassTag for a lot of my home communication, and often use the file sharing feature to help give families the full story of what is going on. Whether it's concerts, sign-ups for another session of after school activities, or just encouraging students to practice, adding files offers teachers flexibility in how they use ClassTag. It could even be used to post homework. A file can be attached to any announcement, right from the announcement creation screen:

I typically use PDF files, since they open easily and look good on both mobile devices and computers, but ClassTag will let you add all sorts of files that students and their families might need. Flyers, photos, homework, or long messages could all be uploaded as a file and sent out to parents. This feature is unique to ClassTag, and lets teachers share more about their classroom than they might be able to in just text or photos. Need to make sure a notice is seen by parents and not lost in backpacks? A ClassTag announcement is the perfect way to get that information out to parents in a helpful, easy to use format.

ClassTag messages can be sent as email, SMS, or through the app with notifications depending on a parent's preferences. I try to have the "main idea" of my message in the text of an announcement, so parents looking quickly on a phone can get the gist without opening the file at that very moment. But it's great to have the option of sending more information for those who are interested or who need it. ClassTag lets families access the information in many different ways, giving them choices in communication.

If you want to sign up for ClassTag, you can sign up here with my referral link!


--I am a ClassTag ambassador. I receive ClassTag coins and referral incentives for sharing how I use ClassTag in my teaching, but really do believe in their service and think it's useful for teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Look at DESE's Cited Sources: Results of a Critical Look at the Initial Reopening Guidance References

Note: I've been doing a lot more work around education safety lately, but moved it away from this blog. I founded Massachusetts Educatio...