Sunday, June 9, 2019

ClassTag Stories: Sharing Beyond Classroom Walls

I use ClassTag to manage parent communication with my before and after school ensemble families. One of the big benefits of ClassTag is that parents can get alerts via text, email, and/or in-app notification according to their preferences. In addition to announcements, ClassTag allows teachers to share Stories, a social-media-like feature where families can see what is going on in the classroom. 

My students have a concert coming up, and I decided I'd try to come up with some new ways of promoting the concert to encourage families and teachers to attend. We made a promotional video for each ensemble, and I shared it out to the staff at my school via email. Since my students' families are already using ClassTag, I sent the video out to families by creating a story and attaching the video. It was great for families to see an "inside look" at what we're doing in class, and I hope to use this feature more frequently going forward. I love the look of the stories, they are aesthetically pleasing without taking much time for me to put together. I also love that I can share out strictly to approved parents, rather than somewhere public. I am much more comfortable sharing in-process work or other details in a closed environment like ClassTag than on the open internet.


Creating Stories is a great way to communicate and connect with families! If you're already a ClassTag user, I'd encourage you to share a ClassTag story in the next few weeks. If you haven't signed up for ClassTag yet, what are you waiting for?! Sign up here for the best family communication platform there is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Look at DESE's Cited Sources: Results of a Critical Look at the Initial Reopening Guidance References

Note: I've been doing a lot more work around education safety lately, but moved it away from this blog. I founded Massachusetts Educatio...